Newsletter December 2017 - January 2018
An update from Balwadi
In December January, the Balwadi students were taught the fol-lowing things:
- English: Capital letters of the alphabets from Mm to Pp were taught with phonics sounds; Story telling with “The lion and the mouse”; Introducing themselves ; About my classroom.
- Skill focus: Listening , Speak-ing, Reading and Writing.
Math: counting number 9 and 10, Written num-bers 8, 9, and 10; Teach-ing of shapes and missing numbers.
- E.V.S.: We talked about wild animals; Transport and traffic signals.
- Craft and arts: Fingers printing, Thread painting paper folding.
Annual Sports Event In Turbhe MPS…
On 25th January, Turbhe Mumbai Public School Pre-Primary section conducted sports event on Chareshwar Cricket Ground.
The programme started at 8.00 am. The chief guest were Henry D’souza Treasure of LSS, Ethel D’Souza Manag-er of LSS. Sandra pinto mem-ber of governing body(education) and Krishna gore principal of Turbhe MPS
There were two events held for senior k.g and junior k.g.
After the student race, there was a surprise parents race (musical chair). The race was divided in two parts: one for mothers and one for fathers.
The Turbhe MPS principal gave the speech on how he felt about sports. He was very thankful to the LSS for giving him opportunity, experience and something new.
Price distribution was done by our chief guest. All the parents were happy and very thankful to LSS. They have experience something new in their life.
Celebrating annual concert
On December, LSS organized its annual concert at Everard Na-gar. Anchoring was done by the Baiganwadi tutorial students. The program included:
1) Welcome song (Baiganwadi tutorial students)
2) Skit on Jesus Christ’ Birth(Chunnabatti Balwadi stu-dents)
3) Fashion show on oceanic treasure (Baiganwadi and Balwadi students)
4) Capoeira (part 1)
5) African folk dance( Cheeta camp and Balwadi students)
6) Skit on swach bharat abhiyan(Baiganwadi tutorial students)
7) Flute recital (Baiganwandi tutorial students)
8) Capoiera (part 2)
9) Dance on the theme of Beti Bach-ao.
The program ended with the song ‘’We shall overcome’’. Then, there was the surprise entry of Santa Claus. Children were very happy and they all sang the Christmas song merrily.
Celebrating Makar Sankranti
All the centers, cele-brated Makar Sankranti on 15 January 2018. On 14 January, Chun-nabathi centEr celebrat-ed Bhogi. Teachers taught students to make kite. Students were given information about this festival in de-tails, as it is the first Hindu festival of the year. Till Laddoo were distributed to the stu-dents in Chunnabatti center. They made mix vegetable and bhajri.
Celebrating Republic Day
Republic day was celebrated in all cen-ters on 26 January 2018. In Cheeta Camp Balwadi, the day started with the flag hosting anf Na-tional anthem with the group of stu-dents.
They had fancy dress and a competition. Parents made great effort as well. They had invited chief guest, Mr.Shanawaz Shaikh, corporate of Cheeta Camp.
In Bainganwadi, tuto-rial students and Chunnabatti Balwadi students participated to the celebration.
Song was done by tutorial students. One boy gave the speech about Repub-lic day. Sweets were distributed to stu-dents.